Saturday, May 22, 2010


For months and months, I have been an adoption situation page stalker. I would pull the situation page up several times a day knowing that it would look the same as it did the last time that I looked. Every time my cell phone rang, my heart skipped a beat. I would go to any lengths to find my phone and panic if I couldn't answer it when it rang. I was so afraid that I would miss "the call". Silly now that I think about it. But I was willing to hold onto hope at any lengths. There were days that I was so angry at God. Why would He put this desire in my heart and then make me wait for so long? There were times that I actually wondered if we were even meant to adopt. Maybe it wasn't a part of God's plan for our lives. I had days of little hope and high irritation. Brett and I actually discussed the possibilities that maybe we shouldn't continue waiting. Maybe we should pack up the nursery and go on with our lives. But we knew that a piece of our family was missing. So we continued to hold on.


Now as I watch my sweet angel sleeping, I can say SHE WAS WORTH THE WAIT! I look at her and understand why God took almost 2 years to bring her into our lives. She is a picture of absolute perfection. She is everything that we ever dreamed that she would be and so much more. Apparently, it takes almost 2 years for God to prepare your heart to parent an angel.


I must admit that I did go to the situation page today.... just to look. We are now on the PLACED section. Don't think I will need to ever look again.

1 comment:

Big Jess said...

What an amazing testimony you now can share with those that are currently feeling the hurt and pain that you once had. You have grown through this and now all that's left is to cherish the little life that God has lent to you to look after, and for all that give Him all the glory!