Thursday, October 23, 2008

I know that everyone experiences difficult situations in life. Things that make us want to scream and just give up. Losing a loved one. Financial difficulties. Sacrifices. Misunderstandings. Uncertainties. As a Christian, how should we respond? What's the good of our faith is we become angry at God? There has to be some way to be joyful in the middle of a crisis, right? It's so easy to say those words but so difficult to actually do it. It's so easy to give advice to someone who is going through a trial but it is so hard to look at your own circumstances and use the same advice. It's amazing how quickly doubt creeps into our lives. At the drop of a dime, things can change and we start rethinking things that seemed so simple and sure.

After spending time reading my Bible this morning, I have come to this realization. I have to believe that God will do what He says. No matter how things look or how discouraged I feel. Every problem that I have has to be given to Him. I have to take God at His Word. I have to believe.

3 comments:

Anderson Crew said...

He is on His throne, even if we forget to look for Him there.

Thank goodness we only need a mustard seed of faith to move mountains. Thankfully that is all He needs of us, a mustard seed.

Along our adoption journey there were many times I looked to others and depended on them holding onto their mustard seeds of faith until I refound mine.

Hugs
Jillian

Sandy said...

Sounds like the advice you always give to me. But I do understand, it's hard to take your own advice. Just keep believeing girl! I love you!

MomG said...

I don't know where I heard it, but in my Bible I wrote down, "Faith is being able to live without all the answers". It's really great when we don't have anything to worry about and things are going the way we want them to, but it's through the difficult times that we have the opportunity to exercise our faith. When things are going good, it is easy to "say" we have faith, but how do we really know we do until it is put to test? Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." If all of our wants and needs were there for us to see, we wouldn't need faith, would we? Vs. 6 says,"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Your rewards are promised, and we don't know what they are, just keep your eyes on Him. Love you