Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Road Less Traveled

Brett and I are just beginning this adoption journey. I have no doubt that we are going to find our baby girl. I know that God has chosen her for us already. We just have to go through a lot of red tape to get to her. I tell people that we are paper pregnant. The forms that we have already had to fill out and photo copy could most certainly fill my shirt and I would look very pregnant. For months we have talked about this big decision. We have gone back and forth discussing all the pros and cons. We have educated ourselves on adoption and feel very confident in our decision. We wish that everyone could take a peek into our hearts. As it is, that can't happen but I still wish that everyone was happy about this decision. This is our family. Our lives. Our daughter. She will be a granddaughter, a neice and a cousin. She will be daddy's little girl and mommy's princess. She will be the apple of her big brother's eye. She will complete our family.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Seeing your excitement and desire is so tangible. And because I love you guys so much, I already have a place in my heart for this sweet little Westerfield girl. I know that because you have given this process over to God, that he will bless you far more than any of us can even imagine. Anyone who isn't excited about this should examine their hearts and learn to trust in God. It would sure be a shame to miss out on this wonderful gift from God. But we should remember that Satan will do anything he can to put a damper on this special time. Don't let ANYTHING or ANYONE rob your family of the joy that that you are soon going to experience. I love you guys and I am honored that I get to witness this amazing journey. All the trials and obstacles are going to make this worth the fight and worth the wait. God Speed!