Wednesday, July 16, 2008


For a long time, I have prayed about this adoption. I knew that in God's time.... not mine.... He would reveal what our futures would hold. Slowly He is allowing me to see bits of what is to come. I am amazed at His patience with me because I have begged Him for this. I have on countless occassion prayed that if adoption was not in our future that He would remove the desire from my heart. But instead the desire just grew. Now as we are just beginning I am prayng for patience because I know that at the end of this journey, a new one will begin.... and it will have been worth the wait!

4 comments:

MomG said...

Have I told you lately that I love you! Brett, Lori and Mason, you are going to be blessed with a precious baby girl soon. She will have a prayerful birth as she is being brought into this world through your prayers. God already knows who she is, where she is and when she is coming to join her family. He even knows her name! That brings to mind one of our new praise songs that so beautifully speaks of your family and baby Ellison. "I have a Maker. He formed my heart. Before even time began, My life was in His hand. I have a Father. He calls me His own. He'll never leave me, no matter where I go. He knows my name. He knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls and hears me when I call. And hears me when I call, and hears me when I call..." Love you all too much, Mom

Sandy said...

I am so stinkin' excited for you guys!

Grace S. Deer said...

I really admire you for this adventure you have chosen to take! I too have thought about adoption, I look forward to sharing in your journey! Good Luck!
Love ya,
grace

Laura said...

Lori,

Congratulations on your decision to adopt. As you know, if it weren't for adoption I would not be Konnor's mom. I cannot begin to tell you how we have been blessed by having him in our lives. Although our adoption was a little different than yours, we still did ALOT of praying, all the home visits and home studies, support groups, mounds of paperwork, etc. I know how mind boggling it can all be, but it is definitely worth it in the end. Once again, congratulations, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Love,
Laura